Some studies reveal that agricultural waste is an essential resource for developing a wide range of routine need products. Many creative and innovative manufacturers have started using this waste to design trays, plates and take out containers as well. The popularity is increasing with each passing day due to incredible environmental advantages.
Many research and development centres are also showing active involvement in developing techniques to use agricultural waste in a more efficient manner. There are several elements such as banana plants, sugar cane flax, hemp, rice and wheat straw as well. Here we are going to talk about the amazing benefits and possible applications of wheat straw in different industries.
What is wheat straw?
Wheat straw is basically a stalk that remains after harvesting of wheat grains. Usually, it is considered as agricultural waste. It is common to see farmers burning these remains in most of the countries, but the terrible fact is that it leads to huge environmental pollution and may cause potential public health hazards as well.
As forests around the world are suffering a major threat due to the increasing popularity of paper-based products; it is important to find a solid alternative to save them. With wheat straw, you can develop wide range of disposable paper products, and it is a rapidly renewable source as compared to trees.
Benefits of wheat straws:
There are a wide range of benefits associated with wheat straws; few of them are listed below:
- They are sturdy, durable and strong solutions.
- Products made up of wheat straw are freezer and microwave safe.
- These natural materials are capable enough to handle hot liquids up to 100 celsius temperature range.
- Wheat straw products comply with the Food and Drug Administration safety guidelines in the United States.
- They offer gluten-free, BPA-free and non-allergic solutions.
- You will find them fully compostable via commercial and home-based composting methods.
- Manufacturing paper products with wheat straws can protect forests and ultimately can save the life of living beings on this planet.
- They do not contain harmful toxic elements that could otherwise harm human health.
- Can generate revenues for the farmers.
Applications of Wheat Straw:
Wheat straw is one of the best biodegradable alternatives to plastic. At one side it can save our environment, and at the same time, it contributes to better health. It is possible to manufacture a variety of food containers, serving plates, lunch boxes and other industry-specific items using wheat straw.
Paper straws are a much better solution over plastics, and there are so many reasons behind that. First of all, these natural materials are non-porous; it means they do not become soggy like plastic materials. The wheat straws do not absorb water; they can stay hard for several hours while holding your food items safely.
Also, the plastic materials do not degrade naturally; rather, they harm the land and make it infertile for years. Whereas, the biodegradable wheat straws offer an eco-friendly solution. You can find many amazing products made up of wheat straw in our webshop.